Vice President of Marketing
The position is responsible for leading and assisting in the execution of all traditional and digital marketing strategies as well as external communications for the organization. The position requires a utility player that is equally adept at setting strategy for the group as well as executing all initiatives within the group. This role will interact with the majority of the organization including Leasing, Asset Management, Development, IR, Human Capital, IT and Executive Management, to ensure that relevant and timely information is available. This role will also require the successful candidate to be an active participant in the planning and execution of corporate events. Must be a team player able to manage relationships with tenants to provide guidance and budgets for marketing activities, source sponsorship agreements for our key centers, and work hand in hand with 3rd party agencies and consulting firms to strengthen the company brand.
- Specific real estate experience with a national footprint firm; public company preferable with retail experience.
- Capable of understanding and executing key marketing and communications tasks tied to all facets of our business: Leasing, Development, Investor Relations, Research, Social Media, Property Level Marketing and Corporate Marketing.
- Experienced in managing a marketing/ communications group utilizing strong interpersonal communication skills in a collaborative fashion.
- Capable of driving corporate research to a new level that expands beyond property level tasks to include macro level industry data. Utilize the research dept. to help improve Investor Relation's data and presentations.
- Capable of establishing a realistic strategy to expand our social media presence.
- Brand awareness and a keen eye to drive the company brand in a professional manner. Capable of hiring and working with 3rd party groups to effectively rebrand the Company as part of the marketing strategy. This includes working with Human Capital on internal employee branding.
- The traditional elements associated with this position are to develop multi-platform based campaigns; the digital marketing strategy is another key component of strengthening the brand. This strategy needs to develop a greater emphasis on Social Media, eMail Marketing, Lead Generation, WiFi strategies, monetization of social media activities, and ensure that analytics are incorporated into the overall company technology environment.
Include those listed below. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop the annual marketing plan and the strategies, tactics and resource requirements necessary to achieve these goals.
- Effectively manage the marketing budget.
- Direct the implementation of marketing policies and practices.
- Manage the development and distribution of collateral (Center Signage, Web Branding, Trade Show displays) across multiple channels.
- Manage the Marketing Research for competitive analysis, Trade Area definitions, market trends and both traditional and digital campaign effectiveness activities.
- Provide input and support to the Executive and Senior Leadership teams in the development of joint ventures, affiliations and partnership agreements.
- Participate in professional societies or organizations related to the REIT industry to keep aligned with current trends and identify future opportunities for the company.
- This role will have four (4) individuals reporting to them who are responsible for Property Marketing, Marketing Research and Content Management activities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Prefer bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university in business administration, marketing or related filed or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in REIT or Agency fields. If coming from an Agency, preference will be given to those candidates who have supported Retail or REIT clients as part of their portfolio.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Demonstrated capabilities with Google Analytics, eMail Marketing Platforms (Eloqua, Salesforce.com, ExactTarget, Mail Chimp, OnContact), Adobe Suite of Products (In- Design preferred), and Web Design.
- Demonstrated capabilities with Social Tools such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other platforms.
- Demonstrated capabilities with Trade Area Systems, LoopNet, Regis or other equivalent platforms.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate noise in office.
- Intense, fast-paced work environment.
Character Qualities necessary to be successful in this position:
- Good steward of resources.
- Internal and external customer service skills.
- Garners respect of co-workers at all levels of the organization fostering team-focused and collaborative processes within the organization.
Apply for this position
To submit an application for this position, email your resume to email@example.com.