Tenant Improvement-Project Manager
Employee has direct responsibility to manage the budgetary functions of projects in their property/region and is responsible for making day-to-day decisions regarding said budget and the management of expenses and revenue independent of oversight from upper management. Main responsibilities include: Review and comment on Tenant construction lease language, management of Tenant design and construction teams to ensure timely completion, manage design and construction teams to complete Landlord work projects from, pad turnover, inline small shops, ground up turn key and Junior Box Tenants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Regular or predictable attendance is a requirement of this job.
- Manages design consultants & contractors; hire/fire vendors and hold accountable to timelines, deadlines and budgets.
- Organizes and provides necessary tools to aide leasing agents in gaining proposed tenants.
- Manages an internal project team and overall project as DRI.
- Coordinates with jurisdictional agencies to obtain permit approvals.
- Prepares and manages project schedules in order to meet lease deadlines.
- Reviews and approves construction drawings for both Kite work & tenant work.
- Develops and maintains project budgets.
- Reviews, approves and processes Tenant Improvement Allowance Requests.
- Drafts contracts for both construction and design professionals.
- Maintains Plan Data and educates Kite employees on using the system.
- Creates and updates both KRG reporting programs and project specific requirements/status.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires at least 5 years’ experience working directly with retail Tenants in open air center environment.
- Requires at least 5 years’ experience in managing consultants and contractors in retail open air center environment.
- Requires knowledge about construction and it is necessary to be able to read and interpret engineering, architectural plans, and other reports as required retail open air center.
- Requires the ability to verbally communicate with in house and outside consultants and Tenants in a polite and concise manner.
- Require valid driver’s license for transportation to site visits.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university; related experience to 5 to 7 years and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Apply for this position
To submit an application for this position, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.