Specialty Leasing Representative
Primarily accountable for driving revenue by prospecting new and working on renewal of short-term License Agreements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Regular or predictable attendance is a requirement of this job.
- Identify, qualify and secure retailers through cold-calling and canvassing.
- Canvasses the regions to find and develop retail operations and concepts for centers and funnel useful contacts and ideas to Asset Management
- Maintain and update prospect / deal activity regularly through Salesforce.com
- Manages deals through all stages from call-calling, negotiation, fully executed agreements, move-in, set-up and sales reporting management.
- Meets and or exceeds projected income goal.
- Monitors specialty retailers’ activities and resolves problems in conjunction with the shopping center’s Property/Asset Manager
- Monitors and ensures visual merchandising requirements and standards are met.
- Evaluates retail mix to determine potential specialty retailer concepts.
- Negotiates rents and terms with specialty retailers in accordance with company guidelines.
- Develops relationships with specialty retailers to encourage repeat business and referrals.
- Monitors permanent specialty retailers’ exclusives and restrictions.
- Oversees and monitors specialty retailers’ payments including AR balances and collections.
- Interacts with local government to ensure compliance to all ordinances and regulations.
- Negotiates, generates and enforces provisions of the license agreement and lease.
- Reviews and approves retailer set-up, signage, and build-out where necessary.
- Inputs license fee information, sales, etc. into Salesforce.com
- Follows up on tenant performance.
- Deliver timely and accurate data through completion of all weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Monitors insurance, business/tax/licenses of specialty retailers.
- Coordinates specialty retailers’ move-in and move-out with staff, maintenance, and security.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Deal making, prospecting, networking and leasing experience
- Must have strong closing skills.
- Ability to travel by automobile and air.
- Good computer skills including spreadsheet and database applications.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a broad constituency.
- Results-oriented and high energy.
- Highest level of personal integrity.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Passionate and committed to his or her own personal and professional development as well as that of his or her colleagues.
- Creative and innovative approach to solving problems and resolving issues.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ability to work with database systems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university and a minimum of two years’ experience in Specialty Leasing, Marketing, Business Development, or Sales. Retail shopping center specialty leasing experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CHARACTER QUALITIES NECESSARY TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION:
- Good steward of resources
- Internal and external customer service skills
- Strong negotiation and organization skills
- Professional appearance and conduct
Apply for this position
To submit an application for this position, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.