The responsibility of the Property Accountant is to administer the accounting functions for 20 properties/entities in the KRG portfolio in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, work with accounts payable, accounts receivable and lease administration, as well as, provide pertinent information to leasing and asset management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Regular or predictable attendance is a requirement of this job.
- Prepare monthly financial statement packages for assigned entities in accordance with GAAP.
- Analyze monthly financials and compare to prior months and prior year. Address/explain any significant variances.
- Assist with preparation and analysis of quarterly and annual SEC filings.
- Ensure Sarbanes-Oxley controls are operating effectively.
- Calculate estimated recoveries for monthly-accrued CAM, INS, TAX revenue.
- Prepare FASB 13 straight-line rent schedules for tenant leases.
- Review year-end CAM, INS, TAX recovery reconciliations prepared by lease administrators.
- Assist with implementation of emerging accounting guidance.
- Maintain fixed asset schedule for each entity and ensure assets are depreciated with correct methods and useful lives. Coordinate schedules with outside tax preparer at year-end.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2-3 years of previous real estate accounting experience.
- Prior experience with MRI software is a plus.
- Experience with communicating effectively with multiple internal and external customers.
- Ability to coordinate multiple items simultaneously and ensure completion on a timely basis.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Apply for this position
To submit an application for this position, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.