Operations Manager - Eddy Street Commons
Provides leadership to Maintenance Technicians and pro-actively communicates with managers on schedules and priorities. Complete/perform/manage all emergency, high priority and standard work order requests, property inspections, PM, vendor relationships, tenant relationships, after hours emergency calls and maintenance issues. Understands and is responsible for any day-to-day operations involving a central plant and parking garage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining the physical condition of each property under the direction of the Associate Asset Manager within budgeted expense limits established.
- Coordinate and oversee special projects as directed by Associate Asset Manager.
- Maintain the day-to-day operations of Eddy Street Commons.
- Responsible for lift stations, storm pumps, plumbing and electrical systems, heating and cooling ventilation systems, energy management system, landscaping, painting at all properties assigned.
- Schedule and complete Preventive Maintenance Programs.
- Monitor all work being performed by outside contractors/vendors.
- Assume responsibility for 24-hour emergency maintenance service. Carry pager/cell phone as required for on call maintenance.
- Maintain a professional courteous manner with all tenants, venders, contractors, and fellow employees.
- Provide leadership, schedule coordination, job assignment and time management for technicians reporting to this position.
- Sr. Maintenance Technician and below
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Central plant environment is noisy.
- Fast-paced, intense work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Requires full understanding and working knowledge of a Central Plant.
- Requires the understanding of how life and fire safety equipment is operated and shared by multiple tenants in a vertically stacked facility.
- Ability to interpret and understand leases and easement agreements to ensure that the ownerships asset is handled appropriately.
- Able to communicate in a technical manner as to how specific building operations affect each tenant.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical effort aspect of this position requires constant walking throughout the site to escort vendors, service personnel, and inspectors to the various areas of the site. The pace is often intermittent but occasionally require rapid pace in an emergency situation (i.e. sprinkler pipe break, fire alarm, or electrical outage).
CHARACTER QUALITIES NECESSARY TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION:
- Candidate must be self reliant with respect to solving problems and yet still know when to ask for help to solve problems where an immediate answer is not evident.
- Candidate must exercise good judgment to keep manager and others informed of special circumstances so as to maximize safety and to maximize value of property.
- Successful candidate will have an intuitive sense towards the best use of time and resources to maximize results.
- Ethical integrity is critical due to the limited supervision.
- Good steward of resources.
- Internal and external customer service skills.
Apply for this position
To submit an application for this position, email your resume to email@example.com.