Business Analyst - Asset Management
Support the Asset Management Department, primarily the SVP. Responsible for preparation, collecting, reporting, analyzing and distributing tenant sales reporting information. Prepare and complete reports and analytics on tenant sales for use by Executive Management, Leasing and Asset Management
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (Other duties may be assigned) Regular or predictable attendance is a requirement of this job.:
SVP Asset Management support:
- Prepare Quarterly Summary & Strategic Review reports. Additional reports as requested.
- Coordinate Department meetings and agendas.
- Facilitate correspondence with tenants beyond routine department needs, including that which is confidential and/or time sensitive.
- Manage the process of corresponding with tenants to collect, post in MRI, compile, publish and distribute tenant gross sales and detailed internal report.
- Analyze and report on the health of individual tenants. Recognize trends and important issues that could affect our tenants’ health. Create reports monthly/quarterly/annually that summarize and quantify tenant sales and health. Make recommendations to management on changes needed to obtain more relevant and accurate data.
- Track news data as it relates to our tenant base and report information within the company when appropriate. Noting relevant information that could impact how we leverage our relationships with tenants.
- Follow up with default letters monthly; first internally and then to tenant.
- Coordinate with Lease Admin when tenants are missing sales data necessary to calculate percentage of rent and overage rent.
- If necessary, elevate defaults requiring eviction to outside counsel.
- Facilitate implementation and integration; day-to-day administration and maintenance of Sales Force platform, operation, support and function; monitor end-user profiles, access and system usage.
- Maintain data base of properties, tenants, contacts, company dashboard(s); build and maintain library of user reports.
- Maintain data on Property Services (vendors).
- Compile, analyze and distribute property leakage and recovery information, perform comparisons and track tenant caps.
- Track and analyze co-tenancy through Wave analytics. Notifying relevant parties of issues so that management can make necessary changes in the strategy of these process.
- Track and analyze sales kick outs through Wave analytics/Salesforce and notify relevant parties in the event that tenant does not hit sales threshold or tenant has exceeded threshold.
- Distribute and track Property Service Questionnaires for centers throughout the portfolio. Noting challenges that could impact the strategy for the Asset Management team and the Company.
- Be the point person within Asset Management with Tax Management. Be able to assist Asset Managers when appeals have been submitted and the status of those appeals.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires previous multi-person support experience along with high level office management skills.
- Working experience in basic computer skills with an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and a basic knowledge of Crystal Reports is beneficial, experience in MRI and a working knowledge of Salesforce is essential.
- Requires experience in customer (tenant & vendors) communication & correspondence.
- High degree of analytical skill.
- High degree of curiosity and initiative.
- Desire to find answers and analyze data to draw conclusions based on this information and create timely, actionable reports and memo’s to internal parties.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Quiet office conditions.
- Fast-paced, intense work environment.
CHARACTER QUALITIES NECESSARY TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION:
- A character that includes flexibility, service to others, assertiveness and a sense of being purpose driven fits well with the needs of asset management.
- The effort to go a step beyond in challenging oneself to learn more about the industry specifically and apply that to the support of the department and company.
- Good steward of resources.
- Internal and external customer service skills.
Apply for this position
To submit an application for this position, email your resume to email@example.com.